When you are experiencing a problem in breathing in your home, that is one of the signs that you must conduct a mold inspection. This type of inspection is very helpful to tell you an important information about the mold, how it can be harmful and how to deal with it.
Mold inspection is not quite necessary. You can actually remove it simply by following the standard guidelines. However, if you are too busy to provide your time in inspecting it, here we have summarized everything about mold, mold inspections and how to overcome home cases because of mold.
In this post, you will learn when to hold a mold inspection and how to conduct the inspection. That is due to the rules that you must hold the mold inspection after you recognize the mold. Thus, when you know when to take actions, you need to proceed how to do it.
The Right Time to Conduct Mold Inspection
Mold inspection is not a daily or weekly routine. It isn’t scheduled either. Though it may be listed in your home maintenance, you don’t necessarily do it when you don’t have to. There are certain times when you must conduct a mold inspection.
First, when you start being allergic to mold and have the symptoms like headaches, runny nose, stuffy head and scratchy throat, you might be required to invite a home inspector to examine your house. Second, when you see something like a mold but you are not sure enough it is a mold.
Something that makes you doubt doesn’t always mean untrue. Thus, conducting a mold inspection can be necessary.
When there is a musty odor, you smell but there is not a clear mold you see, this is the third reason why you could do such a mold inspection. Further, water issues in your home can also require you to inspect the mold. This is also the time when you need to inspect the mold existence.
The fifth right time to crucially conduct a mold inspection is when your home buyer needs evidence about your home condition. So, you need to show him the result of the inspection. Or, if you are a tenant, a mold inspection is necessary as a proof that the house you rent needs repair because of the damage caused by the mold.
If you are in one of the states above, it means that it is the right time to conduct a mold inspection. In addition to the mold inspection, you can also proceed to hold termite inspection since it is also related to the former inspection.
How To Conduct Mold Inspection
As you have already known the right time to hold mold inspection, the next thing to learn is the steps on how to conduct the inspection. If you are on a budget, follow these simple rules and you won’t need to call an inspector.
- First, turn off the humidifier, dehumidifier and air purification machines for one day. This is to remove the moisture that potentially causes the growth of mold.
- Second, shut all the doors and windows for two days. This will let the spores to accumulate their growth. Thus, you will be able to pick them up.
- Third, switch off the HVAC systems for two hours. HVAC systems work for air circulation. This will help you to easily detect the spores since the mold spores will be diluted by the turned-off HVAC systems.
- Avoid trimming, pruning or lawn mowing outdoors. Those activities can ruin the way you inspect the mold.
- Don’t take a bath or shower for 12 hours before your mold inspection appointment. Bathing or showering can lead to an additional moisture. This makes the mold detection hard.
- Don’t clean or use disinfectant chemicals for two days. Both light and heavy cleaning can free up the space for mold. Thus, you will find it hard to detect the mold and remove them all.
- As mold grows significantly in wet condition, conduct your mold inspection in a day that is impossible to rain.
- Last, if you don’t want the inspector to find mold in your home as it can lead him to cancel buying your home, clean all the cabinets under the sink and other parts where mold is growing more.
Now you have completely learned when to hold the mold inspection and how to do it, you can feel a relief since you may not need to hire a home inspector.
As you have already had the guidelines we have just shared, you can do it yourself. Thus, you can save the inspection cost that may be expensive depending on where you live and how heavy the case of mold inspection.